XPO Logistics (NYSE: XPO) is a top ten global provider of transportation and logistics solutions. We run our business on a highly integrated, global basis under the single brand of XPO Logistics. On a typical day, we facilitate 150,000 ground shipments and manage over five billion inventory units in our contract logistics facilities.
XPO operates at 1,440 locations in 33 countries, with two reporting segments: logistics and transportation. Within each segment, we’ve built robust service offerings that meet fast-growing areas of customer demand.
In our logistics segment, we provide a range of contract logistics services, including highly engineered and customized solutions, e-commerce fulfillment and reverse logistics, as well as high-value-add warehousing and distribution solutions such as factory support, aftermarket support, integrated manufacturing, packaging, labeling and transportation. In our transportation segment, we provide freight brokerage, last mile, expedite, intermodal, less-than-truckload, full truckload, and global forwarding services.
The bedrock of our company is our people: approximately 87,000 employees with a single-minded focus on helping our customers succeed. We serve over 50,000 customers and every major industry, including aerospace, e-commerce, technology, manufacturing, retail, life sciences, wireless, chemical, healthcare and cold chain. Customers benefit from our zero-fail mentality and deep experience throughout the supply chain:
- #2 freight brokerage firm worldwide
- #2 contract logistics provider worldwide
- #1 last mile logistics provider for heavy goods in North America
- #2 provider of less-than-truckload in North America
- #3 provider of intermodal in North America, with a leading drayage network
- #1 manager of expedited shipments in North America
- Top 20 U.S. truckload carrier and leading cross-border Mexico transportation provider by truckload and rail
- Leading provider of less-than-truckload in Western Europe
- Largest owned truck fleet in Europe
- Largest platform for outsourced e-fulfillment in Europe
- Top five global managed transportation provider
- Growing position in global freight forwarding
Awards and Recognitions
- Transport Topics (2016) ranks XPO the second largest logistics provider
- Forbes (2016) ranks XPO #17 among innovative growth companies, and #263 among America's best employers
- Home Depot (2015) names XPO mid-size truckload carrier of the year
- Whirlpool Corporation (2015) names XPO intermodal and LTL carrier of the year
- SmartWay® (2015) honors XPO for excellence in environmental improvement
- Logistics dell’Anno Award (2015) honors XPO in Italy for supply chain innovation
- Shippers surveyed in the LTL Carrier Customer Value and Loyalty Report (2015, Mastio & Company) ranked XPO #1 among national LTL carriers for: trustworthiness; shipments picked up when promised; shipments delivered when promised; ability to meet appointment times for pick-up; shipments delivered with no shortages; competitive transit times; billing accuracy; and claims processing